BOARD OF OFFICERS
Sheriff Clay Myers
Sheriff Mark Crider
Walla Walla County
Sheriff Dale Wagner
Immediate Past President
Sheriff Jim Raymond
Steven D. Strachan
The sheriff is the chief executive officer and conservator of the peace of the county. In the execution of his office, he and his deputies:
- Shall arrest and commit to prison all persons who break the peace, or attempt to break it, and all persons guilty of public offenses;
- Shall defend the county against those who, by riot or otherwise, endanger the public peace or safety;
- Shall execute the process and orders of the courts of justice or judicial officers, when delivered for that purpose, according to law;
- Shall execute all warrants delivered for that purpose by other public officers, according to the provisions of particular statutes;
- Shall attend the sessions of the courts of record held within the county, and obey their lawful orders or directions;
- Shall keep and preserve the peace in their respective counties, and quiet and suppress all affrays, riots, unlawful assemblies and insurrections, for which purpose, and for the service of process in civil or criminal cases, and in apprehending or securing any person for felony or breach of the peace, they may call to their aid such persons, or power of their county as they may deem necessary.
Duty to make complaint.
In addition to the duties contained in RCW 36.28.010, it shall be the duty of all sheriffs to make complaint of all violations of the criminal law, which shall come to their knowledge, within their respective jurisdictions.